What You’ll Do
- Shape all foundational people processes through the right balance of employee experience, efficiency, systems automation and economics
- Drive, measure, and consult on process optimization and effectiveness through diverse strategies that may involve shared services, outsourcing, self-service, content curation, policy creation, etc
- Evaluate Uber’s current global People practices and policies to identify gaps and inefficiencies. Provide improvement/standardization recommendations to maximize client satisfaction and compliance
- Partner with the People leadership team as well as teams such as Legal, Compliance, Finance, etc. to ensure that all People operations further the organizational strategy, while adhering to compliance standards
- Partner with IT to envision, plan, and prioritize technology solutions that will help drive next-generation People operations to provide a simple, scalable, automated, and seamless experience throughout the employee lifecycle
What You’ll Need
- Experience as a People Manager (managing a remote team a plus but not required)
- 8+ years of experience building and managing international scaled operations, with a strong focus for continuous improvement
- Consulting experience in business operations, HR operations, operations management, process improvement or similar areas
- Strategic mindset- you're comfortable thinking one week, one month, or one year ahead of where the team is now
- Proven project/process management experience: from recommending and implementing global continuous process improvements to serving as a key liaison with external partners and internal stakeholders to document, approve and implement changes
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven experience in managing large scale programs, through a combination of long term thinking and strong bias to action
- Resilient, self-aware professional with exposure to diverse experiences and a deep appreciation for diverse perspectives
- Data-driven, proven ability to develop and provide relevant reporting metrics on program results to support decision making
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; Highly adaptable
- Experience with employment regulations and/or compliance standards a plus
What You’ll Need
- 8+ Minimum Years of Experience with People Operations
About the Team
The People Operations team is responsible for building and scaling the operations infrastructure, upon which Uber's employee experience and people processes can scale. We care deeply about ensuring the most effective experience for our employees, in alignment with the larger business and organizational strategy. Our team is a mix of operations experts, project managers and HR generalists. Our scope offers us the unique exposure to the entire People team ecosystem as well as a vast array of cross functional partners.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.