What You’ll Do
Real Estate Site Selection
- Define business unit needs in clear format that can be used by internal stakeholders and external brokerage partners.
- Lead site selection process utilizing multiple data sources from the business (internal) and brokerage partners (external).
- Drives the process of integrated dealmaking analytics, including, but not limited to labor, tax, government incentives and demographic data in collaboration with Workforce Strategy & Planning and Portfolio Management peers.
- Ultimately aim to achieve maximum short term and optimal long term economic value that is aligned with corporate and business unit needs.
Transactions - Acquisition & Disposal
- Works with the CRM Manager to define the business’s real estate needs and provide a framework for ranking them.
- Lead and integrate broker efforts with other relevant teams (legal, tax, accounting, risk management, lease administration, workplace operations, etc.).
- Quantify business unit financial metrics in clear business case format with a Total Cost of Ownership approach.
- Develop and delegate standard broker analysis templated together with the Regional Transaction Managers.
- Steers external transaction management relationship to enhance deal making efficiency and result.
- Anticipate business needs: be ahead of the business in providing pro-active transactions that may support the business goals or may enhance the portfolio utilization and value.
- Utilize market understanding, intelligence gathering from our external Transactions and Broker partners, and negotiation skills to obtain the best results for Uber.
- Recommend and obtain sign-off on real estate deals from the relevant business partners in close cooperation with the regional CRM leads.
Contracting and dealmaking
- Works with CRM to understand the designated business unit needs and ensure the contract complies with these needs.
- Follows and sets standards for contract terms and negotiation strategy in collaboration with the CRM and Legal that meet/exceed business needs.
- Leads and suggests best practices in review, recommendation and approval of contract clauses.
- Drives value add-terms
- Risk: Build relationships and work with external experts to optimize negotiations (lawyers, construction experts, finance etc.)
- Risk: Ultimately ensure the firm is protected. Work closely with internal legal, sourcing, risk & insurance departments.
- Work with internal (Legal / Tax / Compliance) stakeholders as well as external stakeholders (brokerage partners / consultants) to articulate the compliance impact on an overall and per lease basis.
- Work with internal compliance partners to set policy standards within the regional organization and report these up to the Global Head of Transactions.
- Educate and monitor broker and vendor understanding and compliance with Uber’s corporate policies.
- Manage internal teams, service providers and delivery teams to ensure adherence to governance standards and audits to ensure results.
Real Estate Finance:
- Evaluate the impact of a transaction on the firm's financials in collaboration with (strategic) finance.
- Translate real estate analysis into business case format for presentation and review to the Workplace+Real Estate leadership and business leaders.
- Explain NPV, IRR, cash, tax and GAAP impact of transactions.
- Restructures leasing to accommodate requirements such as releasing cash, improving exit strategy or adding flexibility.
- Budget planning: participate in budget discussions and development. Both on a per-project basis as well as cyclical & annual planning initiatives/processes.
- Interface with financial managers internal to Uber and our vendor partners.
- Develop & implement project financial standards and procedures.
- Sustainability: work with our sustainability lead to understand the global sustainability priorities and ensure the sites we select comply with the sustainability guidelines.
- Technology: Work with enterprise solutions for transaction management and continually work with our Workplace Technology Manager to provide input to improve our systems.
- Data accuracy: soup to nuts responsibility of data accuracy for the global & regional portfolio.
Interfacing with other teams:
- Works cooperatively with and ensures that team members work cooperatively with the appropriate internal partners in Procurement, (Strategic) Finance, Security, IT, Legal, HR, Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications.
- Alignment with Security and IT partners on a regional level.
- Alignment with global ‘’domain experts’’ to work according to standards and local domain counterparts for execution:
- EHS: Ensure coordination, collaboration and implementation of EHS standards across the region during site review & selection process.
- Design & Occupancy Planning: Partner with Design & Occupancy Planning leadership to understand portfolio and site impact of workplace strategies on real estate decisions.
- CRM: Ensure a close collaboration and communicate proactively with business leadership on key real estate decisions.
- Transaction Management: Responsible for the performance and execution by TM teams at a Global and regional level.
- Project Management: Collaborate with global Project Management team and regional PM teams as necessary. Particularly when it comes to creating the financial business case (CapEx) of various sites.
- Facilities Management: Collaborate with the global Facilities Management team and regional FM teams as necessary. Particularly when it comes to hand-off between construction and operation phases.
What You’ll Need
- 10+ years of experience in a global & regional transaction management role
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in the Real Estate or Business field
- Experience in closing deals in international markets
- Experience in managing a global & regional teams of internal and external brokers & vendors
- Drive to work in a world-class real estate team that’s paving it’s way to the top
- Affinity with industry bodies is a plus
- Experience working on both client and broker side is a plus
Bonus Points if
- If you have worked as a Broker
- International experience in LATAM, EMEA, India, APAC
About the Team
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
Global Workplace and Real Estate at Uber strives to create cost effective and timely execution of initiatives while partnering with the business in order to enhance the employee experience and foster thoughtful and engaging work spaces.