What You'll Need
- Minimum 6 + years of relevant user research experience in complex product environment.
- Demonstrable ability to independently plan and conduct mid-to-large scale research projects, in close collaboration with people in a variety of roles (we work in teams).
- Understanding of the strengths and weakness of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Strong working knowledge of statistics and principles of survey and experiment design, including sampling, data collection and analysis.
- Ability to clearly, concisely and persuasively communicate research findings.
- Ability to design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- SQL, R or SPSS, Stats, Basic understanding of databases
- Ability to identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Ability to collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Ability to synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Ability to adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products
- Ability to empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders and employees and always champion our users
- Ability to travel 25% of time
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.