What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of instructional design, elearning, and project management experience in a fast-paced, high-growth, and high-output environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, deliverables, and competing priorities with a proven record of success
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learning theory best practices and experience designing content with various tools (Articulate, Google Suite) hosted on various platforms (LMS, web-based, Confluence)
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders, managing input while owning and driving the development timeline forward
- Ability to translate feedback into improvements for both content and process
- Passionate about the learner experience and how to make it better; open to feedback and improving both oneself and the team
- Comfort with ambiguity, technology, and welcome the challenge of working at the fastest growing start up
- Bachelor's degree in relevant discipline. Advanced degree or certifications a bonus
- English fluency
- Visual/graphic design skills
- Experience turning source material into interactive, visually-appealing, and engaging learning experiences
- Experience in corporate or highly structured content development environment
About the Team
The People Development team accelerates Uber’s business by enabling people and teams to do their best work and achieve their highest potential. We design and deliver programs and processes from onboarding through executive leadership development to make it easier for people to grow themselves and each other. As a team, we lead with customer obsession, building globally and living locally, and celebrating differences.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.