About the Role / What You’ll Do
As the product lead for the Uber Rewards Benefits and Integration Platform, you will be responsible for internal and external Rewards integrations. You will add new benefits based on customer needs, craft a partner integration strategy, and expand the way people earn points by rewarding customers for riding bikes and scooters, spending with our cobranded credit card, using Uber for business, and more.
You will also own the benefits platform, and extensible system that controls benefit eligibility, distribution, and monitoring as well as common UI elements for benefit celebration. The future scope of this platform is to support multiple engagement initiatives at Uber, beyond the scope of the Rewards program.
Additionally, as we expand internationally, you will determine how we extend our benefits platform and integration strategy to enable our global teams to craft Rewards programs that are locally relevant and inspiring.
You will lead a new team that is being grown out of our Palo Alto office. Ideally, you work from PA, and you come to HQ in SF ~once a week to connect with the rest of the Uber Rewards team.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience building consumer facing products that people love, or complex platforms that enable integrations at scale.
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent. Technical understanding that spans all levels of abstraction and the systems you’ll be building.
- Leadership. Master of stakeholder management and facilitating cross functional collaboration. Experience working through a matrix organization.
- Focused on building businesses, not features. Mastery of ownership and optimization of business performance metrics.
- A great teammate. Your product instincts are matched by your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others. You can take the lead and have a great sense of what doing ‘the right thing’ is. You are an enabler not a blocker.
- Stellar design instincts and product taste - you own what you build.
- Structured, critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You can breakdown a complex problem and synthesize to present a solution.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- You overcommunicate and are passionate about team building. Your team will be based in Palo Alto, so you’ll work at least 2 days a week out of the PA office, and at least 1 day a week out of SF HQ.
Bonus Points If
- You have prior experience building rewards programs, subscription services, or other customer engagement services.
About the Team
The Uber Rewards team is a new and quickly growing team. We are passionate about our customers, and our mission is to build a real relationship with them.
Uber rewards is a first-of-its-kind consumer program that lets you earn on both rides and eats, while unlocking special benefits. Learn more at uber.com/rewards. #UberRewards