What you’ll be doing
This is a brand new Leadership role based in our EMEA headquarters in Amsterdam. Primarily you will be tasked with building out a team of top-of-the-class software engineers, so demonstrable experience of hiring top talent would be highly beneficial.
You will be expected to:
- Set Vision
- Develop and Coach
- Build Trust:
- Grow and Adapt:
As one of the early members of the Amsterdam team you set the foundations, working very closely with San Francisco to align on business priorities and deliverables. This is a real opportunity to make a position your own!
It is essential that you have a passion for being hands as especially in the initial stages, whilst building out your team, as you will be the single point of contact for this area and thus will be expected to roll up your sleeves and get involved.
But you won’t be alone! You will be supported by our experienced team in San Fran as well as surrounded by a team of 100 + Engineering gurus based here in Amsterdam who make up our unique inclusive and supportive technology community.
What you’ll need
- Proven track record in leading and scaling full stack engineering teams
- Ability to work with ambiguity and drive clarity with product and peers
- Experienced in project management using agile, especially in a fast paced environment
- Experienced in both product and platform engineering
- Flexible in both long term investments and focus on quality vs short term iterations based on needs
- Commercially focused with strong business empathy
- Experienced in collaboration in a multi-national team environment
- Experienced in software development in B2B
But don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes we would still be really keen to hear from you!
Why you’ll want it:
You will be responsible for building apps that empower drivers to find and move freight efficiently. You and the team you build will play a key role in innovating the global logistics and freight industry.
This is a truly unique opportunity to build technology that changes the way the world moves and take your career to the next level surrounded by industry experts who will encourage your own personal growth as a leader.
So are you ready for the challenge? Hit apply now!
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,