What You’ll Do
- Work with the business teams to determine opportunities and feasibility for new products, features, integrations, and automation.
- Work across the stack including databases, backend services, front end, tooling, monitoring, automated testing, and ad-hoc scripting.
- Work with other engineering teams to ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reuse.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization.
What You'll Need
- Proficiency in one or more server-side programming language (e.g. Python, Go, Java, C++, Node) and the eagerness to learn more.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage (SQL or NoSQL; e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Redis) and data streaming systems (e.g. Kafka, Hadoop, Hive).
- Experience in working on large-scale distributed systems, data-driven architecture and systems design.
- Experience in developing complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality product features on schedule.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field is a plus.
- Knowledge of A/B testing, product analytics, UI testing frameworks is a plus.
- Knowledge of the logistics, freight industry, and enterprise software integrations is a plus.
About the Team
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as seamless as booking an Uber?
Uber Freight connects shippers with carriers / truck drivers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of goods around the world. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.