Production Engineering is an organization of engineers who work with our production services throughout their entire life cycle, from design and architecture, through implementation, deployment, and sustaining operation.
Production Engineering delivers important properties: , performance, efficiency, and scalability, for the systems that our customers use every day.
We work in small high-performance squads led by experienced engineers. These squads collaborate closely with their development partners.
What you'll do
- Partner with fellow engineers to architect and build mission critical systems that can stand the test of scale and availability, while limiting operational overhead.
- Drive efficiencies in systems and processes: capacity planning, configuration , performance tuning, monitoring and root cause analysis.
- Participate in an on-call rotation and contribute to needed escalation missions.
What you'll need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute.
- Experience in Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems and modern memory management, threads and processes, the user/kernel-space divide, etc.
- Grit, self-motivation and a deep feeling of ownership.
- A good understanding of large-scale systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and systems.
- Working knowledge of the stack, internet routing and load balancing.
We're bringing Uber to every major city in the world. We need your skills and passion to help make it happen!
Be sure to check out the Uber Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.