What you’ll do
- Develop and implement manufacturing module level test plans, development schedules, and requirements for subsystems of new and existing designs.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and outsourced testing and development partners.
- Work with Contract Manufacturers to build test tooling, fixtures, scripts, automation, and apparatuses based on provided and derived specifications.
- Lead NPI functional test development for hardware modules and integrations
- Contribute test documentation to the hardware data package for mass production commercial execution
What you’ll need
- Minimum of five years of experience in the integration and test of digital hardware platforms
- Proven ability to define, develop, and perform system/component level integration and test plans
- Experience in developing automated test scripts using C/C++ or Python
- Experience with various communication interfaces - CAN, JTAG, I2C, serial, ethernet.
- Capability to understand electrical schematics and work with analog signals.
- Experience in working with Contract Manufacturers
- Experience in diagnosing issues and pursuing root cause analysis
- Qualifications BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering
Bonus Points if:
- Experience working in safety critical systems (medical, automotive/ aerospace)
- Experience with product lifecycle management and change management.
- Experience with DFT practices and Boundary Scan
- Familiarity with IATF 16949 or similar
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM’s at scale.