What You'll Do
- Build technology to scale the demand for Uber Freight's marketplace. Your team will address diverse needs from the world's largest carriers and shippers to the smallest, and will be focused on replacing antiquated industry technology with open APIs, intelligent analytics, and reliable supply chain management and transparency.
- Work with the business teams to determine opportunities and feasibility for new products, features, integrations, and automation.
- Build Uber production-grade products and services that include interfacing with scalable storage, backend services, tooling, monitoring, and automated testing.
- Ensure standards for engineering excellence, scalability, reliability, and reuse.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and build new engineering leaders for the organization.
What You'll Need
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems, data-driven architecture and systems design
- Demonstrated experience in shipping high-quality product features on schedule
- Proficiency in at least one server-side programming language such as Golang, Java, or Python
- Proficiency in concepts related to efficient algorithms, data modeling, data storage (SQL, NoSQL), data streaming (Kafka), and caching (Redis).
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way - and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field is a plus
- Knowledge of the logistics and freight industry is a plus
About the Team
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as seamless as booking an Uber?
Uber Freight connects shippers with carriers / truck drivers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of goods around the world. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.