What You’ll Do
Ship delightful and groundbreaking Android applications for Riders. We’re working with our Partners -- various autonomy vehicle companies around the world -- to create the perfect experience for Riders on our self-driving vehicle network.
Within your first 30 days, you will be responsible for:
- Immersing yourself in the self-driving vehicle development ecosystem at Uber.
- Learning Uber’s Android frameworks, tools, and development best practices.
- Working with product managers and designers to define core scenarios and user flows.
Within your first 90 days, you will be responsible for:
- Shipping an MVP of the in-vehicle Passenger App that bridges human interaction with Uber’s in-house autonomous vehicle system.
Within your first 6 months, you will be responsible for:
- Refining the Passenger App in response to UX research and Rider feedback.
- Building pipelines to deploy and upgrade custom Android devices over the air.
- Adapting mobile architecture to scale the app for diverse features and use cases across all of Uber’s Partners.
At the completion at your first year, you will have delivered:
- A Passenger App that’s integrated with Android devices in vehicles built by multiple Partners on our self-driving vehicle network.
What You’ll Need
- At least one year of Experience with Android
About the Team
Driverless cars are a transformative technology that impact our society, economy, and our entire environment. Self-driving cars could save thousands of lives each year, and our team has the opportunity to define a next-generation user experience, lending itself to technology adoption that surpasses this vision. As with any technology revolution, we need to lead the path for the future and innovate big. We’d love to explore this opportunity with you!
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost-effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.