Bangalore, choice is a beautiful thing and soon many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using your prepaid wallet, debit card, credit card and now even CASH. That’s right – simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
If you do not see the cash option right away, then worry not as this is a phased roll out. We will be rolling out this option to all our riders slowly over the next few weeks.
“We’re thrilled to enable Cash as a payment option for our riders today, especially on a day when commuters across India might find it difficult to get around in their cities. With Cash as another payment option, riders have more choice in terms of payment, in order to help them move easier from point A to point B.” Said Bhavik Rathod, GM, Uber Bangalore.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Go to the Uber app and click on ‘Set pick up location‘
Click ‘Change‘ on the available payment method
Select ‘Cash‘ as your payment method
Hit ‘Request a Trip‘ and get riding
- Before you get out, pay the exact amount shown to you & your driver – No haggling required!
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option
- Make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and other payment options, and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
NEW TO UBER?