How does cash trips work
Find out what you need to make cash trips as easy as possible in South Africa.
As easy as 1-2-3
Start the trip
Complete the trip as usual. At the top left corner, there is an icon indicating it is a cash trip
End the trip
As soon as you reach the drop off point end the trip and show the rider the fare. Remember, green means cash
Collect the cash for the amount shown on the screen. Verify the amount is correct before the rider exits and provide change as required. The rider will get a receipt emailed after the trip
What do I need for cash trips?
Please remember to have enough change for riders when they choose the cash option.
This amount of change is not a prerequisite and as you get used to Cash you will figure out what the correct amount of change is to have each day.
Screens to look out for
If the Value is R0 –
DO NOT COLLECT CASH
the Net fare will be added to your payment statement
- The GREEN screen after the trip shows the amount of CASH you should collect from the rider
- Never argue with riders and always request the cash amount which appears on your App. If the rider does not want to pay, do not argue with the rider – Uber will pay you for that trip.
Just let us know through the “Help” function in app be selecting “My rider didn’t pay the cash fare”
- If you have a cancellation, Uber will pay the cancellation fee together with your credit card trips
- Always make sure you have enough change for your rider
- We recommend purchasing your fuel and food with the Cash so that you do not carry too much cash on you
- Remember to deposit your cash regularly
- Remember to start the trip on time
Adding your credit card for cash trips
Since the introduction of cash we have seen growth in trips and going forward we expect that even more of the trips will be cash. There may be some weeks where most of your trips are cash in which case we will need to take our service fee off of your debit/credit card.