Rules and regulations
KSIA regulations for Uber partners
Per KSIA regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the departures level
- The KSIA parking lot is private property thus all MUST be on their best behaviour.
- Any littering, loud music noise, and misbehaviour will not be tolerated and result in you not being able to do any pickups from the Airport and ACSA banning you and your vehicle from the premises.
Pickups at KSIA
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at KSIA, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the purple zone as indicated on the picture
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
- If you leave and re-enter the area, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- As long as you don’t cancel on a request or exit the proximity of the airport, you will keep you spot in the queue
Rides to KSIA
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At KSIA, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level.
New Features at KSIA for easier Pick ups
Re-Match allows all partners who just completed an airport dropoff to temporarily be able to receive a pickup request without having to go to the airport waiting area.
To qualify for Re-Match, partners must complete a dropoff at the airport and do a loop on the airport road. If don’t receive a request, you will get an SMS telling you to go to the waiting area to receive a pickup request.
Note: If you hang around at the terminal you will not be eligible and will have to return to the airport waiting area or town.
To access this area, please stay in the right lane when entering the airport.
Frequently Asked questions
Can I just drive to the terminal to qualify for Re-Match?
No. Partners will only be eligible for Re-Match after completing a dropoff at the airport.
Does Re-Match increase my wait time in the Waiting Area?
No. Re-Match reduces the number of cars in the waiting area which generally keeps the wait times even.
Uber staging lot at KSIA
Uber partners may wait for ride requests in the inside the blue zone in the picture. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot.
- Upon entering this zone, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Riders fees at KSIA
There is a R20 toll charge added to a riders trip for pick ups. This ensures you have a close space to park while waiting to pick up riders from the airport.
This toll is automatically added to each trip, so you don't need to ask a rider to pay for the parking.