- Driver Guide
- Vehicle inspections
Uber partners with DEKRA test centres in Cape Town to offer discounts on inspections. Note that Uber does not cover inspection costs and R100 should be paid at the test centre when completing the inspection.
- If your vehicle is newer than 6 months, a Dekra report is not needed. Instead, you can upload your vehicle certificate of registration.
- If you combine the inspection with your annual roadworthy, Dekra will waive the charge for the inspection
- The cost of roadworthy and the vehicle inspection is R350 VAT incl.
Annual vehicle inspections
Find an inspection centre
Uber partners with DEKRA test centres in Port Elizabeth to offer discounts on inspections. Note that Uber does not cover inspection costs and it should R100 should be paid at the test centre when completing the inspection.
Ensure your vehicle passed
Only vehicles who has passed the the inspection will be accepted to operate on the Uber platform. Uber does not cover repairs or maintenance to pass an inspection and no written reports will be accepted.
Upload the inspection report
Once you pass, upload the report to your account.
- Ensure to upload a clear / readable copy
- The vehicle registration number should match the vehicle on your Uber account