The rains that Johannesburg so desperately needed arrived last week Wednesday causing flash flooding which resulted in large-scale damage.
Bearing the brunt of this disaster was the informal settlement of Setswetla in Alexandra. The settlement is built along the Jukskei River which burst its banks during the heavy rainfall on Wednesday.
We remember how generous the people of Johannesburg were during our #uberforgood campaign last year, so we decided to make donating much needed items and non-perishable foods quick and convenient once again!
On Tuesday, 15 November, with the touch of a button, a driver partner will come to your doorstep, pick up your donations and deliver them directly to the Disaster Management Centre at the Sandton Fire Brandweer — all for free!
What they need:
- General toiletries
- Baby formula, nappies, baby food
- Sanitary pads
- Non-perishable food items
How it works:
- Open the App on Tuesday 15th November, between 11am – 3pm
- Set the destination > Sandton Fire Brandweer
- Select UberCOMMUNITY
- Request as usual
- When the driver arrives – meet him at your pick up point with your donations.
Important to note:
- The donation drive will run between 11am – 3pm on Tuesday, 15th November 2016. Requests must be placed within those hours.
- The designated pickup point must be within one of the areas in which Driver Partners will be in and around during the donation drive: Sandton, Melrose, Rosebank, Parkhurst, Illovo, Rivonia, Fourways, Bryanston, Sunninghill, Joburg CBD, Blairgowrie, Hatfield, Lynnwood, Centurion
- All donations must be bagged or boxed in order for drivers to accept your donation. If possible, please mark clearly what you are donating!
- Please keep in mind that driver partners can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your items out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- #UberCOMMUNITY will be in high demand so please be patient!
- If you are unable to request an #UberCOMMUNITY vehicle on the day, please drop off the much needed items at the Sandton Fire Station.
- Successful redemption of this offer is subject to the availability of Uber partner-drivers. Access to and use of the Uber App will be subject to the standard terms and conditions applicable to all riders who use the platform.