Digital payments help ensure the well-being of you and your driver by limiting unnecessary physical contact. Riders can now prepay for their upcoming trips with Uber Cash, creating a stress-free way to travel.
Uber Cash is a balance in your Uber app that works similar to airtime for your phone.
You can select to add funds to your balance with a Debit card, instant EFT or Barter and then get automatic, contactless payments on every trip or eats order. Top up your balance in advance to plan ahead for future trips while managing your spend. Plus, your funds will never expire.
How it works
- Open your Uber app
- Go to Payments / Wallet in your app menu to add funds to your Uber Cash balance
- Select the amount you want to top up and your preferred payment method
- While requesting a ride, change your payment method at the bottom to Uber Cash by moving the toggle to the right
When adding funds to your Uber Cash balance, you can use the below options by selecting them or adding them as a new payment method.*
- EFT: Select Online Banking, choose your bank, and enter your details.
- Barter: Select Barter as your payment option, enter your phone number, and follow the instructions to complete the payment.
- Debit or Credit Card: Select an existing card as your payment option or add a new card and enter your details.
Find out more on Uber’s Door to Door Safety Standard