- Driver Guide
- Vehicle requirements
Does your vehicle qualify to drive with Uber? Most four-door cars do, but requirements vary by vehicle option. And if you don't have a car, we can help you get one.
- Model year 1998 or newer
- 4-door car or minivan
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- KCCA Permit
- Car insurance with Third party Coverage
- TLB Sticker
Vehicle options in Kampala
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Cars model year 1998 or newer qualify to drive with uberX. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
All Motorbikes with less than 130 ccs ( live Bajaj Boxer ,TVS and Mate) are accepted on uberBODA.
- There is no model year restriction on motorbikes accepted
- The motorbike must be in good mechanical condition
- The Motorbike must have a cushion for 1 passenger and addition to the driver
- The Motorbike must have working headlights, Indicator lights, a horn and side mirrors.
- uberBODA drivers will only be activated upon showing that they have 1 reflective vest and 2 helmets
- No motorbikes registered with government number plates e.g Series starting UG XX, UP XX , CD XX , DF XX) number plates
- No salvaged or rebuilt motorbikes