Accident insurance from AXA
Sometimes accidents happen, so it’s good to know that you’re protected. As a rider, you are protected against medical costs arising from bodily injuries you may suffer. You are protected from the point when you’ve got a pick up confirmed right through to the completion of a trip.
Coverage while On-Trip
You are covered from the moment your driver accepts your request for a trip, through to when the trip ends or is cancelled.
Who is covered:
All Uber riders, passengers, drivers and delivery partners are insured. Coverage is subject to conditions and limits.
What this means for you
How it works
You pay nothing
As part of our global commitment to safety we have partnered with AXA to provide all riders, drivers and delivery partners with this protection. That’s why this insurance is free to you.
Your driver is insured too
While on an Uber trip in Saudi Arabia, your drivers are also automatically covered by injury protection insurance at no cost to them, up to certain limits.
Key Information about the Policy:
What are the key features of cover?
Injury Protection provides cover for specific events that occur while On-Trip. The key features are listed below. For key details please read this information from AXA.
- Medical cover: If an accident happens On-Trip, this cover reimburses you for necessary medical costs you have incurred following the accident (e.g. X-ray, operations, medicines) up to a capped sum.
- Death and repatriation payments: In the unfortunate event that you die as a result of an accident On-Trip, your dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment.
- Repatriation expenses: In the unfortunate event that you die or are seriously injured (on the advice of competent medical authorities) as a result of an accident, your dependents or heirs will benefit from a lump sum payment to cover reasonable repatriation expenses.
- Permanent Disability payments: In the unfortunate event that you suffer a permanent disability as a result of an accident On-Trip, you will benefit from a lump sum payment, up to a capped sum. The amount depends on the severity of the disability, as determined by AXA.
What are the limits of coverage?
|Medical Cover||On-Trip||Up to SAR 10,000 reimbursement (in excess of SR 250).|
|Death and repatriation payment||On-Trip||SAR 100,000 lump sum + SAR 5,000 for body repatriation reimbursement.|
|Permanent Disability payment||On-Trip||Up to SAR 100,000 lump sum.|
What are the terms & conditions?
This insurance is provided to you subject to the following terms:
- Uber may withdraw, update or modify this insurance at any time in its sole discretion.
- This insurance is procured by Uber at its own discretion and cost.
- Riders shall not in any way be responsible or liable for any payments or premiums relating to the insurance whatsoever.
Why is Uber doing this?
Sometimes accidents happen on the road. We want to help you protect yourself against medical costs. We are proud to be industry leaders with AXA in being your partner on the road.
Does Injury Protection replace my own Medical Insurance Policy?
No, medical treatment cover is not a substitute for a medical insurance policy. The cover provided for medical treatment is related to accidents that happen “On Trip”.
What does “On-Trip” mean? When am I covered?
You are covered from the moment your driver accepts the trip, through to when the trip ends or is cancelled.
How do I activate my coverage?
You do not need to do anything. You are protected whenever you’re On-Trip using the Uber App.
What is not covered?
Like most insurance policies, Injury Protection has some general and cover-specific exclusions. Please read the key policy details and exclusions here.
How do I submit a claim?
In the event you might have a claim, you would need to submit a claim via one of the following channels;
– To Uber through the Uber app (Information you share may be provided to AXA);
– By telephone to AXA Insurance Claims department as follows;
- Tel: +966 11 477 6706 Ext-247 – 120
- Call Center: 800 116 4845 (Sun – Thurs 8:30am-5:30pm);
– In writing to AXA Insurance – AXATeamforUber@axa-cooperative.com