What you'll need
We are looking for candidates with advanced quantitative degrees who can address abstract business and product problems with extreme precision, and who have the enthusiasm and initiative necessary to deliver those answers at Uber's fast pace. You should also have demonstrable programming skills and be comfortable with engineering development process.
- Minimum 2 years industry experience in analytics, data science modeling, or engineering
- Superb quantitative background: Graduate degree required and PhD preferred
- Familiarity with technical tools for analysis - Python (with Pandas, etc.), R, SQL, etc.; previous software engineering background a plus
- Passionate and attentive self-starters, great communicators, amazing follow-through - you have a great work ethic and love the responsibility of being held accountable for the results
- Entrepreneurial - excited about helping design, iterate, and scale a new product and business from scratch
- Experimental - you have a creative mindset that enjoys experimentation and is willing to take bold bets despite risk of failure
- Autonomy - you will be one of the first data scientists working on a brand new product for Uber; ability to operate independently is a must
About the team
Uber Everything Data Scientists help solve the most challenging problems related to Uber's ambitious and rapidly expanding on-demand delivery businesses such as Uber Eats. These fascinating and difficult problems include personalized search and recommendation for restaurants and items, travel and food preparation time prediction, demand and supply forecasting, growth and spend optimization, dynamic pricing, dispatch and routing optimization, and many more.
Since Uber Everything Data Scientists focus on the mathematics and engineering related to optimizing the growth and economics of Uber's logistics delivery marketplace, particular preference is given to candidates with backgrounds in AI & Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research, Economics, or similar.