**Please submit your portfolio along with your resume for consideration. All submissions will be reviewed and considered for openings across our 3 locations. Qualified candidates will be contacted in early 2019 for next steps.**
About the Role
We’re seeking highly skilled and thoughtful design interns to help define and execute against a giant vision that builds upon what Uber has brought to the world so far. If you join the Uber Product Design team as an intern, you’ll work among best-in-class designers, product managers and design-oriented engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
What You’ll Do
- Be embedded directly in one of Uber’s product teams, working on a project in close collaboration with other designers & researchers
- Experience what it takes to design for millions of users – and hopefully teach us something too
- Are passionate about prototypes: become fully versed in the latest prototyping tools to test out your design ideas with high and low fidelity prototypes
- Work alongside other members of a product team to get the fit and finish right
- Experience release cycles and learn what details matter at each stage of the product development process
- Present your work to the Design Team, and leave with valuable learnings and portfolio pieces
What You’ll Need
- Must be actively enrolled in a Design degree program
- A growing portfolio with stand-out work
- At least one project that demonstrates your ability in UI or UX (or both) and the desire to create many more
- Knowledge of the latest apps and design trends (on mobile, web, desktop, etc), and ideas and opinions on how to make many of them even better
- An eye for motion, or iconography, or UX system flows, or modern UI visuals, or design engineering and prototyping, or complex tool design, and more
Bonus Points If
- You’re versed in design engineering, such as modern front end web development, code-based prototyping tools like Framer, or scripting
- You’re a motion whiz and can whip up designs in programs like After Effects with ease
- You’re an expert in a tool and can teach the team something new
About the Team
The Product Design team at Uber comes up with creative solutions to take on complex design problems. Our teammates have an incredible mix of design expertise across many design functions. Above all, we believe in craftsmanship, and creating elegant, compelling, user centric designs. Learn more about the Design Team and our work at https://www.uber.design.
We have openings in our New York, San Francisco, and Seattle studios.
If you intern with us in Seattle, you could join one of 2 teams:
- Rider - focused on core Uber experiences that impact riders worldwide including airports, events, scheduled rides, and premium.
- Driver - focused on core Uber experiences that impact drivers worldwide including Fleet, Platform, and Taxi
If you intern with us in San Francisco, you could join one of many talented teams:
- Rider - responsible for accelerating demand growth across 400+ cities worldwide
- Driver - focused on accelerating driver growth, engagement, and retention across 300+ cities worldwide
- New Modalities - Expand into new forms of mobility enabling Riders with more options to get from point A to B. Help design the future of bikes, scooters and public transit on the Uber platform.
- Eater - focused on making eating well effortless for everyone, everywhere by connecting customers to convenient food options in over 80 cities around the world
- Courier - focused on designing an exceptional experience for our delivery partners, who deliver food to customers across 300+ cities worldwide
- Platform Experience - works directly with our cross-functional peers to build the technologies that enable Uber and our partners to understand, plan, execute and build the business at scale. This broad and diverse area includes platforms and tools across Data, Developer Experience, Maps, Planning, Control, Growth, and Engagement.
- Web - focused on creating a platform across products to drive not only user growth but engagement
- Safety & Insurance - works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them.
- Financial Products/Wallet - work across the Uber Credit Card, Wallet, Gift Cards and many more products
- Uber for Business - creating the platform that lets large groups of people use Uber services together
If you intern with us in New York City, you could join one of our UberEverything teams:
- Restaurant - we create the experiences that empower restaurants to manage and expand their businesses as well as their day-to-day workflow as orders come into their kitchens
- Expansion & International Growth - focused on understanding unique needs of international markets and rapidly building solutions that scale for local eaters, couriers, and restaurants