Uber has introduced its Grocery Delivery product. In order to get essentials delivered at your doorstep, tap the “Grocery” option in the app. This product is only available for grocery deliveries from Al-Fatah stores in Lahore.
Please decide your list of items by visiting Al Fatah’s official website’s grocery section- Link here https://www.alfatah.pk/ and follow the steps mentioned below:
How does it work?
- Type in the pick up location- This is the Al-Fatah outlet from where your groceries need to be picked from. In the “Where To” box type in your location- this is where you want your groceries delivered.
- Tap the “Grocery” option in the app to request.
- A pop-up screen will appear with a link to Al-Fatah’s online mart. Decide your order from the online mart and request the trip by selecting the “Grocery” option again
- Convey your order to our deliverer through in- app messaging. If required please call our deliverer to confirm the order.
- Pay at your doorstep. You can order any grocery item upto PKR. 2000 from Al-Fatah. It is recommended to keep the order value within that limit to avoid any inconvenience.
- Requests through this view will be catered till 5 pm (closing time of Al Fatah stores)
- This ‘Grocery’ service is available only for orders to be delivered from Al-Fatah.
- Grocery is not recommended for use in case of valuable items such as mobile handsets, passport, wallet, cash or critical documents.
- It is recommended to keep the maximum weight limit under 10 kgs for any item to be delivered through this product.
By using this product you accept the terms and conditions for Uber Grocery.
Terms and Conditions
By using Uber Grocery on the Application, you accept/agree to the following supplementary terms and conditions:
- Uber provides an on-demand lead generation and related service, and only provides a platform for you to connect, communicate and independently contract with Third Party Providers. The contract of carriage of goods shall be solely between you and the Third Party Provider.
- You will only use the Services to arrange and schedule the delivery of essential items, such as food, groceries or medicines.
- You will not use the Services to place an order for items less than a total value of PKR 500 or exceeding a total value of PKR 2,000, or for the transportation of any items that have a market value exceeding PKR 2000. Uber shall not have any liability with respect to any lost or stolen items.
- You will make all orders for items to the Third Party Provider in writing through the Application. Third Party Providers may at any time refuse delivery of items if the items are not readily available or if delivery of the items would violate these terms or applicable laws. Once you have ordered an item, you may not modify or cancel your order.
- In addition to the Charges which shall be payable in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, you will, immediately upon delivery, pay the Third Party Provider in cash for the items. If a delivery fails for reasons attributed to you, you may be charged full price for both items and the Charges.
- Any billing and reconciliation with respect to delivery of items by Third Party Providers will be conducted between you and the Third Party Provider.
- Uber is not the seller or the agent of the seller of the items. Without prejudice to the General Terms and Conditions, Uber and the Third Party Provider shall not have any liability with respect to the items delivered by the Third Party Provider.
- Without prejudice to the General Terms and Conditions, Uber may deactivate you immediately without notice in the event of any abuse or misuse of the Uber Delivery brand or non-compliance with these supplementary terms and conditions.
Posted by Uber Pakistan
NilAway: Practical Nil Panic Detection for Go
Cinnamon: Using Century Old Tech to Build a Mean Load Shedder
PID Controller for Cinnamon
Up: Portable Microservices Ready for the Cloud