On July 22, we’re giving Uber riders the opportunity to go further than ever before with #UberPLANE.
In celebration of Singapore Airlines’ 70th anniversary, Uber and Singapore Airlines will bring three lucky winners to mystery locations in Southeast Asia for up to 4 days and 3 nights–with airfare and accommodation on us.
Riders in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Makati, Pasay and will be given the chance to request for an UberPLANE via the Uber app from 8am–10am. Only one rider per location will be lucky enough to book an UberPLANE ride and fly out at 4:40pm of the same day. One winner will complete their 3 DAY, 2 NIGHT stay in Singapore while the other two winners will continue on to Saigon and Bangkok to complete their 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT weekend getaway.
So prepare to pack your bags and fly, because on July 22, your weekend getaway will be just a tap away.
How It Works
- The UberPLANE option will be visible to riders in BGC, Makati, and Pasay between 8–10am on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
- Open the Uber app and click on the stunt card at the bottom of your screen.
- Click on the “I want to #FlySQ now!” button to request an UberPLANE.
- If you are able to successfully book an UberPLANE, you will receive a call from an on-ground Uber representative to confirm the validity of your passport and notify you of your travel destination.
- Once your details have been confirmed, pack your bags because your Uber [thanks to FORD] will be on its way to take you to the airport.
- Check-in, dine, and relax at the Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge in NAIA Terminal 3 while waiting for your flight.
- Board your flight to Singapore – where two winners will have an overnight layover.
- One winner will complete their 3 DAY, 2 NIGHT stay in Singapore while the other two winners will continue on to Saigon and Bangkok to complete their 4 DAY, 3 NIGHT weekend getaway.
Can I bring a friend?
The accommodation and allocation provided is good for only 1 rider.
Is it an all-expense paid trip?
Winners will have to prepare their own personal pocket money for their trip abroad.
How many riders can successfully book an UberPLANE?
Three lucky winners – one from each of the cities: BGC, Makati, or Pasay, will be able to successfully book an UberPLANE.
What are the requirements for the winners?
All fliers must be at least 21 years or older, should be a Filipino citizen, and should have a Philippine passport that is valid for more than six (6) months.
Why is UberPLANE only available in the 3 destinations (BGC, Makati, Pasay)?
In order to give riders the best possible on-demand experience from tap to travel, UberPLANE has been made available in areas that are in close proximity to the airport. Remember, you fly out on the same day!
When will I find out where I’m going?
If you are able to successfully book an UberPLANE, you will be immediately contacted by an on-ground Uber representative to notify you of your destination.
What time do I have to be at the airport by?
All winners must be in the airport by 1pm on July 22, 2017.
- Click here for terms and conditions that apply.
UberPLANE Terms and Conditions
- All UberPLANE participants must be within the areas of Bonifacio Global City (BGC), Makati, and Pasay from 8 AM – 10:00 AM on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
- All users must be registered users of the Uber app.
- Once the request has been accepted, UberPLANE participants must be ready for immediate pick-up by an Uber car at their request location.
- In order to confirm the booking, UberPLANE winners must sign the participation agreement upon the arrival of the Uber car.
- Upon signing, each participant will be given a maximum of sixty (60) minutes to pack their things and get to the airport.
- The Uber car may assist the participant in collecting their belongings only within the respective city wherein the request for an UberPLANE was made (BGC, Makati, or Pasay). If the participant is unable to collect their necessary belongings within the same city then their participation will be forfeited.
- All fliers must be at least twenty-one (21) years or older, should be a Filipino citizen, and should have a passport that is valid for more than six (6) months.
- All winners are expected to be in the airport for check-in by 1 PM of July 22, 2017.
- All winners will fly out to Singapore on the same day.
- One winner will complete their 3-DAY, 2-NIGHT stay in Singapore while the other two winners will spend one (1) night in Singapore and proceed to connect to mystery locations in Asia for their respective 3-DAY, 2- NIGHT stay.
- There will only be one winner per destination: Singapore, Saigon, Bangkok.
- Winners will have to prepare their own personal pocket money for their trip abroad.
- Changes and rebooking of Singapore Airlines tickets and hotel accommodations are not permitted.
- The Singapore Airlines tickets and hotel accommodations are not for sale and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Uber is not a direct air carrier.
- All winners and participants are subject to the Official Rules of the UberPLANE stunt that may be found in this blog post as well.
- The Singapore Airlines tickets and hotel accommodations are non-transferrable.
- The Singapore Airlines tickets shall be subject to the same terms and conditions as provided in the Conditions of Carriage and Conditions of Contract that may be found in the website of Singapore Airlines www.singaporeair.com.
- In the event that seats to Saigon or Bangkok is/are not available on July 22, 2017 or on the date of return, Singapore Airlines reserves the right to change the destination of the winners to any other South East Asia destination where Singapore Airlines operates.
- All air services advertised, hotel room, and accommodations will be provided free of charge by Singapore Airlines. Uber has no responsibility or liability for any transportation services provided to you by third party providers.
- All hotel rooms and accommodations will be care of Singapore Airlines. Uber has no responsibility or liability for any of these services that will be provided.
- If the weather doesn’t permit, UberPLANE will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Click here for official rules.
Official Rules for UberPLANE
Uber B.V. (“Uber”) will conduct the on-demand stunt UberPLANE (the “UberPLANE”) substantially as described in these rules. By entering or participating, each entrant (“Entrant”) agrees to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects.
1. Eligibility: Unless otherwise specified, UberPLANE is open only to persons (i) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry and are permanent residents of the Philippines only; (ii) who is registered as a rider on the Uber platform in the Philippines; and (iii) who has a valid passport with at least six (6) months validity. Employees, officers and representatives, and the immediate family members of such employees, officers and representatives (i.e., parent, spouse, siblings, children, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings, and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household, whether or not related) of Uber or its affiliated companies, parent companies, subsidiaries, participating promotional partners, Uber partners and their drivers, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters and any company involved in the creation, design, execution, production, or fulfillment of UberPLANE (collectively, the “UberPLANE Entities”) are not eligible to enter.
2. How To Enter: UberPLANE will begin at 08:00 a.m. on July 22, 2017 and end at 10:30 a.m. on July 22, 2017 (the “UberPLANE Period”). UberPLANE is entered into by selecting the “UberPLANE” stunt card in the Uber mobile application and are within the areas of (i) Bonifacio Global City (BGC), (ii) Makati, and (iii) Pasay.
When submitting an entry, Entrant is required to provide complete and truthful information. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from UberPLANE at Uber’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by persons who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. The use of any scripts, computer programs, robotic repetitive, macro, automatic, programmed or similar automated entry methods or agents to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person or that person’s agents. Uber will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements. All entries submitted in compliance with these Official Rules and not disqualified or void are considered “Eligible Entries.”
By requesting an UberPLANE, Entrant: (a) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretation of these Official Rules by Uber and by the decisions of Uber, which are final and binding in all respects; (b) acknowledges compliance with these Official Rules; and (c) agrees to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Winning the Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
3. Prize: The Prizes of UberPLANE (“Prizes”) will be twelve (12) packages, available to three (3) Winners (defined below) in Manila. Each package includes: (a) one (1) one-way ticket to Singapore; and (b) one (1) over-night stay in Singapore; and (c ) set of roundtrip tickets to either Singapore, Saigon, or Jakarta (dependent on the destination assigned). The travel period will be from July 22, 2017 to July 25, 2017. The total approximate total retail value and any other details of the Prizes is as specified by Uber.
If for any reason the Prize is unavailable or a related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, or for any other reason, Uber reserves the right to modify UberPLANE in its sole discretion and award a substitute prize, or portion of prize, of comparable or greater value as set forth in these Official Rules. No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent of the Prize, or any portion thereof, is permitted by the Winner (defined below). Uber and the UberPLANE Entities shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner who is unable or unavailable to, or who does not for any reason, accept or utilize a Prize. In the event a potential Winner cannot accept the Prize, an alternate Winner will be randomly drawn from all remaining Eligible Entries. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the Prize are solely Winner’s responsibility. Winner agrees to comply with any additional terms and conditions applicable for attending the Event. The Prizes are provided “as is”. Entrants acknowledge that Uber and the UberPLANE Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness for a particular purpose.
Any tax or other costs and expenses associated with acceptance or use of the Prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the Winner’s responsibility (regardless of whether the prize, in whole or in part, is used).
4. Winner Selection and Notification: The “Winners” of UberPLANE will be determined according to the method specified by Uber at Uber’s sole and exclusive discretion.
The Prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address registered on the Uber rider account in which the UberPLANE was requested. The authorized account holder is the person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an Internet service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain names associated with e-mail addresses. The Winners will be selected and notified on the same day as request (July 22, 2017) via phonecall, or such other method specified by Uber, and will be required to confirm his/her account and travel details.
Additionally, Uber and the UberPLANE Entities reserve the right to make a public announcement, announcing the Winners on either the Uber website, through the Uber app, or in any manner (including, without limitation, social media (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)), which they deem appropriate. If a Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted and/or fails to redeem the Prize within five (5) minutes from when the initial notification call is sent, the Winner forfeits the Prize, and an alternate Winner will be selected. If the alternate Winner does not comply with these Official Rules or is otherwise unable to accept the Prize, the Prize is forfeited and another alternate Winner will be selected. This Winner selection and notification process shall be continued until a Winner is confirmed. If the Prize or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and an alternate Winner will be selected.
5. Winner Verification: Uber may, in its sole discretion, require the Winners to prove eligibility and verify his/her identity to the satisfaction of Uber.
If a Winner (or any Winners) is unable to prove eligibility within the time given and/or in the event of non-compliance by a Winner (or alternate Winner), such Winner (or alternate Winner) shall be disqualified and shall forfeit the Prize, and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate Winner will be chosen in a random drawing from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries.
Provided that the Winners are in compliance with the Official Rules and after having successfully proven eligibility, the Winners will be officially confirmed as the Winners. Uber expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for any reason it deems necessary. In addition, Uber reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that any Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Liability Release and Indemnity: THE PRIZE IS OFFERED AND PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE BY UBER OR ANY UBERPLANE ENTITY, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT WILL UBER OR ANY UBERPLANE ENTITY BE LIABLE TO ENTRANT FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN UBERPLANE, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT UBER AND/OR OTHER UBERPLANE ENTITIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE.
By entering the UberPLANE stunt, Entrant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Uber and any other UberPLANE Entities from any and all liability, for any claims, damages, injuries or losses of any kind, and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding arising out of, in connection with, or relating to, (i) participation in the UberPLANE, (ii) without limitation, death, or property damage, arising directly or indirectly from the acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the Prize, (iii) defamation, violation of publicity rights, or invasion of privacy in connection with the UberPLANE or acceptance and use or the Prize, and (iv) copyright infringement, trademark infringement, or any other intellectual property-related cause of action arising from or related to the UberPLANE, the Prize, or Uber’s advertising and marketing related to the UberPLANE, Entrants or the Winner, in all cases, including but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in UberPLANE; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of UberPLANE or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property (including to any computer or mobile device systems resulting from participation in or accessing or downloading information in connection with UberPLANE), which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in UberPLANE or receipt or use of any prize (including, without limitation, any travel or Uber trips or rides taken by Entrant in connection with using the Prize). Entrant assumes all liability for an injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participation in the UberPLANE, or the acceptance, receipt, or use of the Prize or any Prize component. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, Uber and/or the UberPLANE Entities’ liability will be limited to the value of the Prize, and in no event shall the UberPLANE Entities be liable for attorney’s fees.
Uber and UberPLANE Entities assume no responsibility for and will disqualify entries that are: stolen, late, lost, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, altered, tampered with, unauthorized, fraudulent, damaged, destroyed, delayed, misdirected, not delivered, not received, or that have incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the UberPLANE event, or by any human, mechanical or electronic error that may occur in the processing of the entries in UberPLANE, or other errors appearing within the Official Rules or in the UberPLANE related advertisements. Uber and the UberPLANE Entities assume no responsibility for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of UberPLANE, errors in processing entries, identifying the Winner, in the announcement of the Prize and Winner, the delivery of the Prize, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer systems, online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any web site including uber.com, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participation in, uploading any materials or downloading any materials in UberPLANE. Use of any device to automate or subvert entry is prohibited and any entries received by such means will be void. Uber reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person it suspects or finds (i) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of UberPLANE; (ii) to be acting in a disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; (iii) to display behavior that will bring such Winner, Uber or the UberPLANE Entities into disgrace; (iv) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with UberPLANE; or (v) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A WINNER WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF UBERPLANE AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Grant of Rights. Except where prohibited by law, by entering UberPLANE and/or winning the Prize, Entrant irrevocably consents to the use of his or her name, image, photograph, likeness, biographical information, entry, statements attributed to Entrant (if true) and any video footage related to the Prize, for all UberPLANE Entities’ advertising, promotional or other commercial purposes in all media now or hereafter known, worldwide and in perpetuity without additional compensation and additionally consents to the UberPLANE Entities putting his or her name on a Winners’ list. Please note that Uber may not acknowledge or return any entries.
8. General Terms. The UberPLANE Entities are not responsible if the UberPLANE event cannot take place, or if the Prize cannot be awarded due to delays, interruptions or failures due to acts of God, war, natural disasters, weather, acts or threats of terrorism, strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, work stoppages, fire, acts of government, or other events outside of the reasonable control of the UberPLANE Entities. If, for any reason UberPLANE is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the UberPLANE Entities, which, in Uber’s sole determination, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of UberPLANE, Uber reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend UberPLANE or any part of the event. If the UberPLANE or any part of UberPLANE is terminated or modified prior to the closing of the UberPLANE Period, notice will be posted on uber.com. Uber reserves the right to modify and amend these Official Rules from time to time during the UberPLANE Period for clarification purposes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF UBERPLANE MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, UBER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. Binding Arbitration: Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (1) ANY DISPUTE, CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO UBERPLANE OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED SHALL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to UberPLANE or any prize awarded shall be resolved by binding arbitration administered by the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”) in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (the “SIAC Rules”) with the seat and venue of arbitration in in Singapore and the language of the arbitration proceedings shall be English; (3) any arbitration shall be heard by one arbitrator to be selected in accordance with the Rules; (4) unless both Entrant and Uber agree in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of class or representative proceeding; (5) judgment upon any award rendered may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (6) any award or judgment shall be subject to all limitations and releases set forth in these Official Rules and be limited to actual out of pocket damages, and shall not, in any event, include any punitive, exemplary, consequential or incidental damages, attorney’s fees or costs of bringing a claim, or any injunctive or other equitable relief. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
11. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Uber in connection with UberPLANE, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Netherlands.
12. Accessibility of Official Rules: A copy of the Official Rules is available via the Uber blog. Where required by law, Uber will provide the names of the Winners of UberPLANE to those who request it.
13. Sponsored and Administered by: UberPLANE subject to these Official Rules are sponsored and administered by Uber B.V., Vijzelstraat 68-78, 4th Floor, 1017 HL, Amsterdam, The Netherlands.