This is a dummy text
- In excellent working condition
- No older than the maximum age for the Uber vehicle option chosen
- A qualified vehicle according to specific product requirements
- Registered and insured in New Zealand
- Free from cosmetic damage and commercial branding
Other minimum rules apply to specific vehicle options.
All vehicles driving with Uber must be covered by at least third party property damage car insurance. To drive with UberX, you also need to be listed on the car’s insurance policy, even if you are not its owner or the main policyholder.
Vehicle options in Hamilton
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders - an everyday ride at an affordable price.
- Are in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Are registered and insured in New Zealand
- Are 10 years old or less (2008 model or newer as of 2018)
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4-7 passengers plus the driver
- Hold valid Certificate of Fitness
- Are not taxis, government, branded or rebuilt vehicles
The following vehicles cannot use the UberX app
- Pre-2009 Ford Falcons or variants.
- Large passenger vans or heavy duty truck.