We’re excited to announce that eligible delivery people will soon start to receive requests for Connect deliveries in 2021.
The Connect product allows users to send packages to family and friends. It’s an affordable same-day, contactless delivery solution that keeps people feeling connected. Connect will only be available to delivery people who use a car as their vehicle in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Canberra, Darwin, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. If you meet those requirements, you will be automatically opted-in to receive Connect requests when it becomes available for you in your city. As always the choice is up to you, so if you would prefer not to receive these types of requests you can choose to opt-out, at any time.
Connect has a different pricing structure compared to our other delivery offerings, find out more details here.
How it works:
- Connect request: You may receive requests for Connect deliveries in your Driver app. You’ll see that it’s a Connect request as it will say “Connect” on the top left of the request screen.
- Meet the sender kerbside: If you choose to accept a Connect request, you may receive notes in the app from the sender with additional pick up and drop-off details. The sender will be asked to meet you at the kerbside of the pick-up location to safely load the package into the boot of your vehicle and help minimise contact. Delivery packages will weigh a maximum of 20kgs, should fit comfortably in the boot of a mid-size vehicle, and should be worth no more than $100 in value.
- Deliver the package: Bring the package to the recipient at the drop off location. If you are unable to connect with the recipient, try to contact the sender to resolve the issue before ending the delivery.
- You’re in control: If you prefer not to do package delivery, you can choose to opt-out of Connect, at any time.
Answering your questions about Connect deliveries:
- When will I start receiving Connect delivery requests?
- How are Connect deliveries different to Uber Eats deliveries?
- Why is the pricing for Connect different to Uber Eats deliveries?
- Where do I pick up the item(s)?
- Picking up an item – what do I need to do?
- What items are allowed on a Connect delivery?
- Will items already be packaged?
- Dropping off an item – what do I need to do?
- What if I can’t find the drop-off location, or have issues parking?
- What if an item is damaged on a delivery?
- Are there weight and quantity limits?
- How do I stop receiving Connect delivery requests?