What You’ll Do
- Conducts inspections of new components, assemblies and subsystems based on inspection criteria established by policies and procedures or written inspection control plans; maintains accurate records of inspection results and records/reports results via established processes
- Conducts outgoing inspection of the finished product in accordance with inspection criteria established by policies and procedures or written inspection control plans; maintains accurate records of inspection results and records/reports results via established processes
- Operates required inspection equipment in a safe manner following established safety rules, maintains a neat and clean work/inspection area, follows established tool and instrument control procedures, and reports any unsafe acts or conditions
- Communicate with internal teams and [potentially] suppliers to address, correct and prevent deficiencies in parts, components, modules, assemblies, etc. that is discovered through various inspections and inspection methods
- Build/Maintain any inspection fixtures associated with the inspections of components, assemblies and subsystems that will assist accelerated in terms of time and efficiency of inspections
- Complete inspection reports on time and in accordance to the quality standards and processes of the organization
- Maintains accurate records of the various inspection stages for parts and potentially create inspection control plans to alleviate other team members
- Perform audits of inspection processes to ensure product quality meets or exceeds engineering and/or customer specifications
- Assist production technicians with the disposition of parts, components, assemblies, modules, etc.
- Actively participate in quality meetings including engineering reviews, supplier reviews, quality management reviews to ensure the effective and efficient communication of any quality related issues
- Analyze and implement effective inspection tracking and communication processes in accordance with internal quality management processes and methods
- Act decisively and maintain a professional and positive attitude when working with peers, customers, stakeholders, suppliers, etc.
- Some travel is required; potential remote management situation
This individual is energetic, self-driven, effective in ambiguous environments and very effective in working across highly matrixed organizations. Communicates effectively and builds collaborative relationships.
What You’ll Need
- Technical degree, BS in related discipline, or equivalent combination of experience and education (3-4 yrs)
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Supply Chain & Business Operations group enables Uber’s world-class talent and optimizing technology for the future of mobility.