What You’ll Do
The Data Scientist, Supply Chain Analytics role has across the following four areas:
- Supply Chain Operations
- Forecasting and setting supply chain team goals
- Designing and evaluating experiments/simulation
- Monitoring key performance metrics, and understanding root-causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing what to build in the next roadmap
- Understanding ecosystems, and long-term trends
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Building models of Supplier behaviors for analysis
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our new product decisions and product launches in Engineering and SCALE team through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, to SCALE teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics in SCALE teams
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how to interact with both our consumer and business products
- Partner with SCALE and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Data Infrastructure
- Working in Hadoop and Hive primarily, sometimes MySQL, Oracle, and Vertica
- Automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
What You’ll Need
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Operation Research or other technical field with 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis; or MA/MS in Business Administration, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Operation Research or other technical field with 3+ years experience doing quantitative analysis
- Innovative and strategic approach to business reporting, data analytics & data science.
- In-depth knowledge of both supervised and unsupervised machine learning and statistical techniques such as regression, classifiers, clustering, and deep learning.
- Familiarity with multiple platforms/tools/methodologies specifically Python and R.
- Superb communication skills, both written and verbal - ability to communicate complex analytics ideas to a business focused / executive audience.
- Experience driving reporting improvements and technology implementations in support of business analytics
- Familiarity of supply chain methodologies, supply / demand forecasting and optimization techniques
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to tight deadlines and handle the pressure of last-minute requests
- Ability to comprehensively understand data elements, sources and relationships
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast paced, highly-matrixed, rapidly changing environment
- Demonstrated teamwork as well as leadership and influencing skills
- Extensive knowledge of R, Jupyter and Python.
- Hands on experience with data science project steps including: understanding the business ask, sourcing and extracting the correct data, cleaning and exploration, modelling, reporting, and automation.
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Supply Chain and Business Operations team scales best in class technology and processes to deliver safe, reliable, and accessible transportation for the Uber platform.