What You’ll Do
- Mastery-level utilization of Oracle Inventory and SCM modules to facilitate all Direct purchasing (R&D, Inventory & Supply Chain) needs. Tasks include category-specific planning, vendor onboarding, contract entry, part creation, po creation/update
- Drive cross-functional procurement planning, including road-mapping, strategy vendor set-up
- Owner of the purchasing processes improvement, accountable to increase process efficiency
- Develop and maintain essential Direct procurement tools:
- Third-party risk management solution
- Internal order request interface/portal
- Desktop processes
- Manage all open orders/jobs for on time delivery and communicate updates to internal customers
- Manage all purchasing resources associated w/ change-management process/EPDM, Teamcenter.
- Evaluate existing and prospective suppliers through performance monitoring, financial analysis, key delivery metrics and quality standards as determined by SCALE
- Refine leveraged internal processes to deliver a seamless procure-to-pay solution for all ATG requesters, including data-driven reports and associated Procurement Review Process and associated Accountability metrics
Tasks: Monitor request platforms, place orders, expedite and push out as needed. Track orders and ensure timely delivery of materials in support of operations to meet customer delivery requirements. Deploy actions plan to manage and control material deliveries. Ensure overall procurement process efficiency and reliability, including proper escalation processes.
- Receive incoming material, mark material, assign job/work order numbers.
- Assist order processor across P2P (Purchasing, Shipping & Receiving, Accounts Payable, Inventory) in all aspects of job when required.
- Confers with department supervisors to determine status of assignments.
- Purchasing responsibilities including receiving and gathering approval for Purchase requisitions; ensure P/N creation, and creating PO’s.
- Develops and documents purchasing cost savings.
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner within company rules and regulations.
What You’ll Need
- Oracle SCM
- Teamcenter (Siemens PLM)
- JIRA Ticketing
- Contract Management Software
- Serve as primary point of contact for project updates and statuses.
- Become an expert on internal system functionality to facilitate and implement forward-thinking solutions, efficiencies and improvements.
- Translate business needs into detailed software design requirements for development, including various levels of functional/technical documentation.
- Coordinate and manage user acceptance testing of system changes and enhancements, as well as any necessary training.
- Take ownership of all aspects of project management communications, including system/process changes, project statuses and milestone updates to the appropriate end-users and stakeholders.
- Understand, research, and resolve daily ad hoc operational questions for internal and external users.
- Skillfully utilize Microsoft Excel as a daily tool to efficiently accomplish job duties and provide various reporting to upper level management.
- Multi-task effectively to manage daily workload in a fast-paced environment and be adaptive to changes in priorities and in-flight projects.
- Take initiative while working with minimal supervision and under tight timeframes to accomplish tasks.
- Be an effective communicator (listening, written and verbal) with the ability to discuss complex business logic.
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with other team members within the department and throughout ATG.
- Think imaginatively and intuitively to act as a contributor to identify process and system enhancements
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
The Global Supply Chain and Business Operations team scales best in class technology and processes to deliver safe, reliable, and accessible transportation for the Uber platform.