What You’ll Do
- Lead creation and alignment of compelling product vision around vehicle activation / deactivation for specific use cases/missions.
- Lead creation and alignment of compelling product vision around all aspects of trips dispatch, including all different job types that need to be sent to the vehicle
- Supply positioning and Idle behavior - develop mechanisms to command vehicles in order to maximize utilization by increasing the likelihood of getting dispatched
- Lead creation and alignment of compelling product vision for Marketplace health
- Manage product development roadmap with engineering team in alignment with upcoming car product milestones
- Coordinate closely with other Product team members to ensure a seamless experience across rider experience touchpoints
- Drive prioritization and decision making informed by product strategy and engineering
- Maintain deep understanding of Uber rider app development & necessary touch points with self-driving handheld experience features
- Collaborate closely with design and research to ensure that our products are always well designed with the user in mind
- Build user stories and other communications tools to help bring our initial product to life and inform work done by design, communications, and policy
What You’ll Need
Minimum 3+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them -- and you're deeply proud of what you've accomplished
Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent, ideally including hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the detailed execution
"Driver" personality. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on.
High emotional intelligence. You're able to lead, coach and share feedback with positivity and optimism.
Bonus Points If
- Background working in autonomy or marketplaces
- Previous startup experience
About the Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
Self-driving vehicles have the potential to make our roads safer, more connected, and less congested. At Uber ATG, we are building the technologies, teams, and products to bring these benefits to the world. This is a ground-zero opportunity to usher in a fundamental paradigm shift in transportation and technology, to solve really hard problems, and to experience explosive professional growth with the smartest minds in the industry. We hope you’re as excited about it as we are.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together!