What You’ll Do
- Prospect, engage, and cold-call potential transportation partners with the objective of covering loads for our customers
- Negotiate with carriers on-the-spot conditions for transportation including price and quality expectations
- Meet daily, sales related, activity goals such as carrier growth, quality metrics and margin
- Actively manage the quality of our transportation partner base
- Take a data-driven approach solving difficult issues
- Able to speak to core operational and growth metrics with the management team
- Develop process and system improvements and work closely with our Central Operations teams to continually raise the bar of execution
- Manage any issues that come up in the normal operation of freight
What You’ll Need
- At least 3 years experience in a European road freight business managing carriers sales or operations
- Fluency in Romanian
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems under pressure
- The ability to balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Analytical and critical thinking ability
- Ability to collaborate and work with a highly diverse set of carriers and internal partners
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelor's & Masters degree preferred
About The Team
Uber Freight is a marketplace built to connect shippers with trucks, much like the way the Uber app connects riders and drivers. We are a team of sharp, entrepreneurial individuals who are redefining the movement of things around the world.
On the Uber Freight team, we believe that our dedication to transportation technologies will bring more collaborative, highly efficient, and increasingly safer transportation logistics to our roads. We are currently looking for candidates to join our growing team who share our enthusiasm for tackling today's toughest challenges in transportation. When we see individuals truly owning their individual success, we succeed as a team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.