Rules and regulations
LOS regulations for Uber partners
Per LOS regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in impoundments. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations regarding illegal parking or other non-Uber related fines.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur in the designated dropoff and pickup areas
- Avoid any inappropriate behaviour at the airport or anywhere in the city while online
Pickups at LOS
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at Murtala Muhammed Airport [LOS] (International and Domestic), you must wait in the car park you want to pick riders up from. You will automatically be added to the FIFO (First In First Out) queue for requests.
Airport surcharges and waiting area
Riders fees at LOS
Uber driver-partners may wait for ride requests at designated car parks at the airport. An automatic N400 will be added to your riders fare if you have a trip that starts from the airport area. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- There is only space for 100 vehicles at the airport waiting area. Should you arrive at the parking lot and see that it is full, we recommend leaving the airport to complete other trips
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
Uber driver-partners may wait for ride requests at the any of the available car parks. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot.
Keep in mind:
- The car park is "first in, first out"; upon entering the car park, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you do not receive a trip request in 30 minutes, we suggest to rather leave the airport area
- If you leave the car park or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- The parking fee for all three airports terminals is N400 for the first hour
- You will be reimbursed the N400 parking fee if you pick a rider up from the airport. If you do not pick up a rider, or if you incur parking fees in excess of N400, you will not be reimbursed.