Penang, you asked and we listened! Your safe and reliable Uber ride is getting even more convenient. We are thrilled to let you know that starting today, we’ll be testing cash payments in Penang.
Since our launch in Malaysia in 2014, Uber has quickly become the preferred choice for commuters looking for a safe and reliable urban mobility option across cities here. But many still have not had the chance to experience Uber because Uber meant electronic payments. Well, we’ve heard you Penang, and we are thrilled to announce that starting today, Uber will become more accessible to Malaysians with the introduction of CASH as an alternative payment option.
That’s right–you get the awesome Uber experience with even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option before you take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
We have worked hard to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber to better serve the community. The insight we gain from your usage and feedback is what will make this a successful test. So take rides and share your feedback with us at email@example.com and share this excellent news through social media and tag our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with #UberCashPG.
As this is still an experiment, the cash option will roll out gradually to all riders over the coming weeks.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open up the Uber app
- Tap the menu in the top left corner and select Payment
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Request a ride
- Confirm your pickup location and payment method
- *IMPORTANT* Before you get out of the car, don’t forget to pay the amount shown in the app directly to the driver in cash!
- Cash option is only available for trips in Penang.
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash.
- This is an experiment and not everyone will see the cash option right away; it will gradually be expanded to more and more riders over time.
- Please make sure you have enough cash for the trip.
- You will not be able to make payment for the same trip part in cash, part in credit.
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides.
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders regardless of payment option.
- If you have an applicable promo code or Uber credits and you choose to pay with cash, the app will calculate the final fare which you need to pay to the driver in cash
- If you do not have exact change to make payment, the fare for all trips taken will be rounded up to the closest ringgit.