We’ve now rolled out cash payments nationwide, to give people the choice in getting where they need to go. Cash is still being tested out as an experiment, and will gradually be rolled out to all riders, but here are some #PROTips to get you riding around your city like an expert, and pay cash at the end of your ride.
How to enable Cash Payments:
- You will not be able to pay cash on credit card trips.
- CASH is being introduced as an additional payment method. You can always choose to pay with your credit card.
- If you intend to use Uber in other countries, please add a credit card to your account.
- Please have exact change!
- Your total fare will show on your driver’s device once the trip ends.
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your credit card and vice versa.
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash trips.
- Switching your payment method from cash to credit card or vice versa is not possible during your trip.
- Switching your payment method after your ride ends is not possible.
- Not everyone will see the cash option as we are still testing and rolling it out slowly.
- The receipt will be sent to your email address as soon as your trip ends.
- The Fare Spilt feature will not work with cash trips.
- Promotions apply to both credit card and cash trips.
- Any cancellation charges incurred will be payable on your next trip, and 2 cancellation charges will result in your rider account being temporarily suspended until the arrears are cleared.