This Independence Day, we’re proud to partner with the Sri Lanka Red Cross Society. We are giving you a chance to contribute school provisions for rural schools spread out across the island, right from the Uber app.
What can you contribute?
- Exercise books
- Stationery items such as pens, pencils, erasers, rulers, etc.
- Second-hand story books for school libraries
How it works
- Open your Uber app between 12 noon and 4pm on Thursday, February 04, 2016
- Slide across to the ‘uberCARE’ option in the app, and ‘Request’
- Bag/pack the items you’d like to contribute
- An Uber will arrive to collect your items and drop them off at the Sri Lanka Red Cross office – free of charge.
#UberRedCross Finer Details
- Please only contribute school provisions such as exercise books, stationery items, second-hand story books
- All items must be bagged/packed for drivers to accept your contribution
- Vehicles cannot be left unattended, so please bring your bagged/packed contributions to your driver when they arrive
- We expect high demand so please be patient if a car isn’t available right away
- As availability is limited, unfortunately, not all requests will be fulfilled
Red Cross provides a broad range of humanitarian assistance at home and around our region as part of the world’s largest and most trusted humanitarian movement.
Every year Red Cross helps thousands of people around Sri Lanka. From development work to disaster and crisis-management, humanitarian assistance, or national society development, the Red Cross is there.
By making this donation, you’ll be helping support the invaluable work that the Red Cross does in Sri Lanka.
Uber is proud to partner with the Sri Lanka Red Cross Society