You asked and we heard you loud and clear. Choice is a beautiful thing and starting today, many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – you get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
Following a global-first experiment with cash as a payment option on Uber in Hyderabad, we’re excited to officially roll-out the cash payment option for you, our riders in Colombo.
Over the last year and half, our teams have worked tirelessly to create a seamless cash payment experience that is truly Uber. Last year, Hyderabad was selected as the first city for this experiment, followed a few weeks later by our second global city to test cash, Nairobi and now with Colombo, we are offering the CASH option in more than 130 cities around the world.
If you do not see the cash option immediately then worry not. We will roll the cash option out slowly over the next few weeks to all riders. We encourage you all to make use of the service and give feedback, as information gained from riders is what will help us improve. Please use the option and share your feedback with Uber via Email, Facebook or Twitter.
Uber has enjoyed tremendous support in Colombo and we are excited to offer cash payments on the Uber platform. With products such as uberGO and uberX, riders in Colombo have access to a variety of reliable, convenient and safe transportation alternatives and cash further expands that universe.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open up the app and go to the menu in the top left corner and select the Payment tab
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Request for a ride
- Confirm your pick-up location and payment method
- Before you get out of your car, pay the amount shown directly to the driver – no haggling required!
UBER PRO TIPS
- The CASH option is only available for trips taken within the coverage area in Sri Lanka
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- No credit card details are required when signing up for Uber and paying in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as this is a phased roll out
- Fare adjustment requests will not be accepted for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge for riders to be able to pay in cash
New to Uber?