Amman, you asked and we listened. Choice is a beautiful thing and soon many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash, credit or debit card. That’s right – all the convenience of Uber, with even more payment options to cover your rides. Simply choose the ‘cash’ option in the payments menu, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
This is an experiment and one of the few places in the world where cash payment is available across the 400+ cities where Uber is present. We have worked hard to create a seamless option that is truly Uber, and your feedback is crucial to making it a success.
Requests from our rider community, and the low credit and debit card penetration made Amman an ideal environment to test a new cash payment option.
CASH OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO A LIMITED NUMBER OF RIDERS DURING THE PILOT
If you do not see the cash option, don’t worry. We will roll out this feature gradually as we continue testing the feature.
Your feedback is essential to helping us create a cash option that works best for you, so take rides, invite your friends to ride, and share your feedback with us at email@example.com.
How it works
- Open the Uber app and set your pick-up location
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment
- Request your ride
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown directly to the driver
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly (we cannot take requests for cash so please bear with us in the meantime)
- Cash option is only available for trips in Jordan
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- No credit card details are required when signing up for Uber and paying in cash (for selected riders only)
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
Team Uber Jordan