About the role
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use every day. Whether it's heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income as a Freight Carrier, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We're making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we're doing it at a global scale - energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world. Uber's positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
As Uber continues to grow, our tax team also needs to expand to meet new business challenges. We are looking to add a motivated Tax Technology Analyst with a positive, can-do attitude to our EMEA Tax Operations team.
What you'll do
- Support EMEA tax team to design, document and operationalise VAT automation (AP, AR, VAT rate decisions, VAT return preparation and submission)
- Produce periodic reports for our stakeholders that enable effective business analysis and decision making
- Support EMEA Tax Operation Managers on projects aiming to improve global VAT reporting and VAT efficiency
- Assist Tax Managers to improve systems, processes and controls as regards the tax compliance business customer.
- Support regional tax leads when information is required to be extracted from our system
- Test the new and existing features in in-house financial reporting tools (identify bugs, suggest and implement improvements)
- Develop, test and implement features to improve Partner tax Compliance
What you’ll need
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in industry or practice
- Degree in finance, accounting, tax and/or other related field(s)
- Robust knowledge of MS Office
- Critical thinker ready to problem solve within different areas of the operations and finance organizations
- Attention to detail (being right the first time matters a lot to us)
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, passionate , dedicated, ‘can-do’ attitude and a positive outlook
- Comfortable diving deep into technical problems and working through solutions with subject matter experts
- A background in Tax - especially an understanding of indirect taxes
- Experience with ERP systems such as Oracle R12
- Experience with tax software
- Experience in working with (and building) dashboards
- Second language
- Ability to build database queries in SQL
- Experience with Java, Python or other object-oriented programming language
About the team
The EMEA Tax Operations & Analytics team extracts and interprets the tax data from our systems to enable informed business decisions.
Our focus keeps moving towards improving our tax processes by using Technology more and more. This focus increases our responsibility for monitoring the accuracy in our indirect tax systems, striving for full tax automation, and driving the vision for improved and efficient tax compliance of not only Uber but also of our partners (Driver, Couriers, Restaurants, Carriers and Shippers). This is very exciting especially with the upcoming changes in taxation of digital services.
Our team consists of a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds across consulting, tax, accounting, and analytics. We often have to employ unique approaches to solve mission critical challenges.
If you are technically sharp, but have a thirst to learn more and frequently use phrases like "let's do it", "let's try that", and "we'll find an answer" then you will fit right in.