What You’ll Do
- Work on Uber’s most complex web applications by designing, implementing, and unit testing the frontend application code.
- Build a next gen UI using the latest technologies: React, Redux, Sass, ES2016
- Integrate with more than 40 upstream services while still providing users super fast response times
- Provide comprehensive alerts and monitors on the upstream services to make sure we met 99.99% SLA
- Participate in the full SDLC (Agile), including meetings, iterative development, estimations, and design sessions
- Stay current with the newest online technologies; research new technologies and make recommendations on implementations.
- Work with other developers to review stories and specifications and ensure that the teams are meeting the objectives of the business while maintaining technical and architectural standards.
What You’ll Need
Bias towards action
You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You've shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You're willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them. You are an expert in debugging and profiling Browsers and Node.js, and understand ways to decrease page load speed and runtime slowdowns
Ability to improve
You can go deep on ambiguous tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you. You are adept at communicating and collaborating effectively with others, promoting your ideas as well as being humble when you may be wrong. You are excited to learn from and teach others and are passionate about creating tools, products and providing support for your fellow engineers
Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn't matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you'll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team's scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
Know our Team:
The Customer Obsession team aims to provide a great experience to all of Uber’s customers. Whether you are a rider or an eater, or a driver-partner, we want to ensure that all your experience is flawless. We build the entire customer support infrastructure for the fastest
growing startup in the world ensuring ensuring a smooth ride for our all of our customers, and efficient growth for Uber. Our mission is to capture the hearts of riders, eaters and drivers, and we set out to do that every single day.