What You’ll Do
As an Android Engineer, you’ll work on the code behind apps used by millions globally every day. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber. We’re looking for talented engineers to make sure every one of those experiences is magical. Join us to work on some of the most exciting challenges in tech, design apps to work on low-end devices, in flaky/bad network connectivity. Help us develop and architect beautiful, yet light android app and mobile platform that will enable billions of riders to enjoy Uber platform.
What You’ll Need
- 3 to 7 years of experience with developing, releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Strong expertise in Java
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
- BS/MS/ Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
Bonus Points If
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
About the Team - Rider Platform
The Rider Platform is a team of mobile engineers focussed on building core libraries and tools which power many large features in the Uber rider apps. We are a hybrid of product and platform initiatives.
We are a bunch of engineers passionate about helping Uber grow by obsessing on developing the core foundational blocks and mobile libraries (iOS and Android) needed to power the rider experiences on the different Rider facing apps like core Uber app and Uber Lite.
Our work also in is reused across other app ecosystems like Driver app and Eats app as we move on to become the preferred transportation and food delivery platform for millions of riders all over the world.
Rider Platform is a distributed team located in Bangalore and San Francisco.