What You'll Do
- Create delightful and groundbreaking Android applications for our self-driving system.
What You'll Need
- Deep familiarity with Android development in Java
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile experiences
- Consistent record of shipping high-quality features
Bonus Points If
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
- Comfortable working at different levels of our very deep tech stack
- Handy with design tools such as Sketch or Illustrator
- Passionate about accessible user design
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.