Uber Commute allows you to turn your own car into an Uber ride for fellow Hyderabadis, without needing a commercial driving licence or a yellow number plate. So sign up today, share the cost of travel to work and back, and decongest Hyderabad’s streets, once again.
Key benefits of Uber Commute
- Seamless onboarding and driving experience
- Earn up to Rs. 8 per km on every ride
- Get riders along your daily route
Refer to t.uber.com/hyd-commute for detailed steps.
Rides are priced to cover 50-60% of the running and ownership cost of the car at a per km level. A commuter-driver will make up to Rs. 8 per Km. A base fare of Rs. 20 will cover the pick-up distance. With a minimum trip distance of 2.5 km, the minimum fare will be Rs. 40 per trip. There is no time fare or Surge.
|Driver fare per Km||₹8|
|Expected avg. pick up distance (Kms)||2.5|
|Driver base fare||₹20|
|Driver time fare||₹0|
|Minimum trip distance (Kms)||2.5|
|Minimum driver fare (Inclusive of base fare)||₹40|
Commute area and timings
Where you can drive: Lingampally, Miyapur, Nizampet, Kukatpally, SR Nagar, Vengal Rao Nagar, Ameerpet, Panjagutta, Khairthabad, Banjara Hills, Yousufguda, Srinagar Colony, Jubilee Hills, Madhapur, Hitech City, Kondapur, Gachibowli, Kokapet, Tellapur
When you can drive: 6am to 12pm and 4pm to 10pm
How to sign up
1) Visit the sign-up to drive page and click on ‘sign up to drive’
2) Create your driver profile – select Hyderabad, Telangana, India in city. Your email id will be your username in-app
3) Select driver profile type. Driver screening is mandatory. You can start carpooling only after your profile passes a background check for criminal & civil violation.
4) Upload mandatory documents:
Driver: Driving license, PAN Card, Bank Document* (First page of Passbook/Cheque for bank account details)
Vehicle: RC, Insurance copy, PUC Certificate*
5) Enter A/C details in dashboard
6) Upload remaining documents. And, you’re done!
Wait 3-5 days after creating the driver profile until the driver screening is over. After which, you can login in to the Uber driver app and start taking trips.
How to start driving
Step 1: Complete sign up process and wait for BGC to be completed (3-5 days). Explore the Uber Partner app in the interim.
Step 2: Upon receipt of information about BGC pass, login to the App with username and password
Step 3: Enter and save your Home & Work locations in the Star Power section
Step 4: Select your destination and go online
Step 5: Start driving in the direction of your destination and accept requests
Step 6: Pick rider only if you are comfortable with the dispatch distance. Feel free to cancel if you feel it’s too far out of your way.
Step 7: Pick up rider and drop at rider destination
Step 8 : Go offline when you reach your destination