Hyderabad, choice is a beautiful thing and soon many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using cash. That’s right – you get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
This is an experiment and a global first for Uber across our 300+ cities. We have worked hard to create a cash payment option that is seamless and truly Uber. Hyderabad was the only city specifically selected for this experiment because it provides us with the right environment to test a new payment option amongst a sizeable and sophisticated rider and driver community. The insight we gain from your usage and feedback is what will make this a successful experiment. So take rides and reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Facebook/Twitter.
If you do not see the cash option then worry not. We will roll the cash option out slowly over the next one week. Not all of you will see cash right away as we are testing different cohorts and user preferences.
Uber has enjoyed tremendous support in Hyderabad and we are excited to experiment with cash payments on the Uber platform. With products such as uberGO, uberX and UberSUV, riders in Hyderabad have access to a variety of reliable, convenient and safe transportation alternatives and cash further expands that universe.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open up the app and go to the Payment section on the top left corner
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Request for a ride
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown to you & your driver – No haggling required!
- Cash option is only available for trips in Hyderabad
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option BUT make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
New to Uber?
– Team Uber Hyderabad