Be it a visit to Cubbon park on a Sunday morning, or a ride to the airport in the wee hours of the night to get a cup of coffee, we’ve always got you covered. With affordable rides available within minutes, Uber has emerged as your preferred ride of choice to and from your destination.
We’re now glad to announce the launch of our community initiative, communityX this Tuesday, 15th August and here is how you can ride with uberX and do your bit for communityX. Your first cup of chai in the morning is often accompanied with local news regarding frothing lakes, potholes filled roads or children in need. It hurts us too. During the course of this year, we’re partnering with local government organisations and NGO’s to unlock the true potential of the city and doing our bit to get this fixed. Goes without saying, we can’t do this without you. You the uberX rider. You the student. You the teacher. You the corporation.
Come Tuesday, 15th August, we’ve partnered with Youth for Parivarthan to help fix a spot in the city. This spot is often filled with heaps of garbage and is a sore to the eyes. We’re going to need as many helping hands as possible. Here is what you can do to help:
- Unable to volunteer, yet still want to do your bit? Enter promo code ‘COMMUNITYX’ in the Uber app and ride with uberX before Tuesday, 15th August. The more rides you take, the more we’re able to mobilise to get this spot fixed.
- Would like to volunteer to get the spot fixed on Tuesday, 15th August? All you have to do is register here
- As always, all volunteers get free uberX rides to and from the location on the day
When and where is this happening?
You, the team from Youth for Parivarthan and the Uber Bangalore team are going to fix the below spot on Siddaiah Road, adjacent to Urvashi Theatre, along JC Road on Tuesday, 15th August, 8 AM onwards.
You are the change. We are the community. Be the communityX.
- We will be accepting registrations on first come first serve basis. On successfully submitting your registration form, you will receive a confirmation email on Monday, 14th August with directions to the spot fix location and your free rides to and from the venue.
- All necessary safety precautions have been taken to ensure your safety. We will be providing basic equipment when you reach the venue.