Chocolate day was celebrated on 7th July. But why restrict ourselves to just this one day? Let’s indulge in our favourite chocolates, whether it’s chocolate milk, hot chocolate, cakes, brownies or anything covered in chocolate without remorse or guilt.
Here are 9 things we never knew about chocolate :
- It takes about 400 cocoa beans to make half a kilo of chocolate
- Around 3 million tonnes of cocoa beans are turned into chocolate products each year
- Spanish royalty gave away cakes of cocoa as dowry at one point
- It takes 2 to 4 days to make a single serving of chocolate bar
- Chocolate has over 600 flavour components, red wine has just 200
- At one point, the Nazi’s plotted to assassinate Winston Churchill with an exploring bar of chocolate
- Hershey’s make 70 million Kisses everyday, and enough to annually make a 300,000 mile long line of Kisses
- During the revolutionary war, soldiers were paid in chocolate!
The only one thing we are missing out on is which cocoa covered treat Bangalore likes, tell us what your favourite chocolate is.