Rules and regulations
LCY regulations for Uber partner-drivers
Per LCY regulations, partner-drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a fine from LCY. If you receive a fine from LCY, Uber will not pay the fine on your behalf.
- All ride dropoffs must occur at the forecourt
- All ride pickups must occur at the Short Stay Car Park
- You may be asked to show your app, please do so in a timely manner
Rides to LCY
How drop-offs work
With only one terminal, LCY is an easy airport to navigate. Simply drop-off riders at the forecourt and you're done. It's important to keep the app on until you exit airport property.
Pickups at LCY
How pickups work
It's easy to receive trip confirmations from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than others. To receive a trip confirmation at LCY, you need to wait on car park of Gallions Reach Shopping Centre (E6 7ER), where you will be placed in the queue to receive a pickup confirmation from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- You’ll be placed in the queue for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-come, first-served basis
- Once you receive a confirmation, navigate to the Terminal's Short Stay Car Park–there's a £3.20 surcharge to enter
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location, but they will be instructed in-app to meet you at the entrance of the Short Stay Car Park
Where to wait at London City Airport
Uber partner-drivers may wait for trip confirmations at the designated waiting area only.
After waiting in the car park of Gallions Reach Shopping Centre (E6 7ER) keep in mind that:
- The waiting area is "first come, first served"; upon arriving on car park of Gallions Reach Shopping Centre (E6 7ER), you will be placed in the queue for the next trip
- If you leave the waiting area or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- Waiting at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a fine
Designated pickup area
Uber users at London City Airport who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the Short Stay Car Park—where you can park your car and meet your rider on foot near the entrance.
For more information, read more about London City Airport.
When is it busy?
Compared to other airports, London City trips are relatively shorter. We do not recommend waiting a long time at City airport for a fare.
If you're in the area, we recommend checking London City Airport’s online arrivals board so you can see when riders may be needing a ride.
Short Stay Car Park
London City Airport charges £3.20 every time you enter the Short Stay Car Park. This £3.20 will be added to the trip fare automatically, however, you will need to pay for this charge in-person at the car park (using cash or credit card).