About the role
We are looking for someone to advance Uber’s Public Policy advocacy agenda in support of its New Mobility business, which includes electric bikes, scooters, transit, and other alternatives to the automobile. You will report to the Director of Public Policy for New Mobility, and work closely with global and regional Policy teams and cross-functional partners to help make Uber’s multimodal platform vision a reality.
What You'll Do
- Devise advocacy strategies to advance Uber’s New Mobility public policy agenda;
- Work collaboratively with the regional Public Policy and Communications; Central Policy; Launch; Business Development; Operations; and other teams in pursuit of market expansion and sound regulations;
- Working alongside regional Policy colleagues, leverage existing Uber resources to help pass favorable ordinances, shape responses to RFPs, influence regulations, and achieve favorable public policy outcomes while helping to defeat adverse policy proposals.
- Spot risks to the business while finding creative paths to public policy success;
- Help educate your colleagues on the strategic importance of New Mobility to Uber’s business goals, maintain an active awareness of the competitive landscape, and serve as a general port-of-call for all things related to New Mobility public policy in the region.
What You'll Need
- Excellent writing skills
- Functional knowledge of the policy landscape in diverse political environments;
- A deep understanding of Uber’s business goals and multimodal vision;
- Nimbleness, resourcefulness, and creativity
- Strategic vision, sound judgment, and and a healthy appetite for risk, paired with the confidence to make difficult choices with limited information and minimal supervision
- The ability to maintain focus amid uncertainty;
- Cultural and political sensitivity, with a proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organizations
- The ability to work well cross-functionally, earning and keeping your colleagues’ trust and goodwill.
Ideally, you would have 8+ years of experience in the public policy field and a demonstrated record of advocacy success. We are open to people with experience in another walk of life who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
About the Team
Our public policy team is responsible for working with policy makers and third parties to make the positive case for change. That's partly about fostering lasting relationships in the cities where we operate with politicians and their staff so they understand the benefits of this new model. It's also about figuring out the best local regulatory framework and then developing campaigns to push reform through.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.