What You’ll Do
- Building relationships with the Chief Product Officer, Chief Technology Officer and their leadership teams, and partnering on their communications to their teams and the rest of Uber
- Developing an internal communications strategy for Tech leaders to ensure their teams are informed and inspired about the work they do and how they fit into the larger Uber strategy, and 2) that the rest of Uber knows about the biggest tech moments and milestones
- Working with Policy & PR colleagues to align internal and external messaging, and to ensure consistency across comms strategies
- Supporting and executing regular Tech-wide, Product, and Engineering All Hands and other major internal events hosted by or related to these teams
- Partnering with HR and Chiefs of Staff on people and culture initiatives
- Helping create a vibrant culture that attracts and retains the best talent for Uber
What You’ll Need
- Experience managing communications to employees in a fast-paced, changing environment
- A deep understanding of technology and the ability to translate complex business issues into clear, compelling messages that pass muster with engineers
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with a proven ability to persuade, influence and respond to stakeholders. You are a confident and fact-based advisor who can balance multiple strategic directions and priorities
- High-quality copywriting, presentation planning and delivery skills
- Cultural and political sensitivity, with a proven ability to take an inclusive approach by working internationally with central, regional and country organizations
- A strategic vision and a hands-on, ‘no nonsense’ mentality
- Strong empathetic skills: listening, and adapting the right tone of voice
- A trustworthy and dependable team player, with the ability to operate under your own direction and demonstrate high productive capacity
Ideally, you would have 8+ years of experience in any field of communications, and in working with senior leaders on their communications. We are open to people with experience in another walk of life who intuitively get this stuff and may be looking for a career change.
About the Team
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication. Working closely with external communications, our Internal Communications team tells Uber’s story to all the talented employees who work hard to make our vision a reality: whether that’s sharing company priorities, explaining our product roadmap, or connecting people across the world through our shared cultural norms.
Internal Communications team members help leaders communicate and interact with 20,000+ employees across 65 countries (and to their own organizations), in ways that resonate, inspire, and keep them connected to our vision, culture, and each other.