About Communications at Uber
The most successful consumer technology companies are brilliant storytellers, who put their products—as well as the benefits of those products—front and center in every communication.
Our team is responsible for telling Uber’s story to the media and third parties: whether it’s transforming how we get around town and the lives of people who value independent, flexible work; or cutting congestion in cities by getting more backsides into fewer cars. That’s partly about building lasting relationships with the key news outlets and journalists in every country where we operate. It also about being creative in how we tell our story, including the use of social media, as well as working with the public policy team to develop campaigns that make the positive case for reform.
About this Role
We are looking for someone to lead our consumer communications efforts across EMEA, based in Amsterdam. You will report directly to the Head of Uber Eats Communications EMEA, and work closely with country communication teams across EMEA, as well as the global product and consumer communication leads.
This role will involve:
- Leading consumer communication campaigns for Uber Eats across EMEA.
- Partnering with global and regional teams to build consumer communications strategies, and campaigns, that promote and enhance the overall reputation of Uber Eats.
- Working in partnership with our EMEA marketing team to build our brand and provide communications support for campaigns.
- Promoting Uber Eats products and establishing the Uber Eats brand and profile with media across EMEA.
- Working to tell our story in creative, inspiring ways that resonate with journalists and on social media .
- Scaling the capacity of country communications teams with editorial calendars, plug and play consumer pitches, scalable resources and day to day support.
- Helping manage our network of agency partners across the region.
What We’re Looking For:
- A self starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up too. Stuff changes fast in our world so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm under pressure;
- A creative mind: We’re looking for people who can take insights and turn them in to creative and impactful campaigns. You’ll need to write well and have the creative ability to tell stories—about our product, customers and the ways we’re helping break the stereotype of food delivery.
- A regional mindset: We need someone who has experience working across a culturally diverse range of markets, with the ability to traverse borders with ideas and stories that resonate across the region.
- A strong campaigner: Food delivery is a highly competitive industry, and the competition have big pockets. We succeed by putting together cost effective campaigns that drive significant value for the business, while helping differentiate our brand from the herd. That means you’ll have a bias for action in everything you do - and a willingness to partner cross functionally to get the results we need.
- A team player: Success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
Ideally you would have 6+ years communications experience in an EMEA role. But we’re open to people with experience in other walks of life (e.g. marketing, journalism, the law), who intuitively get this stuff and are interested in pursuing a different career. Fluency in English, both oral and written, is required. Fluency in another European language is an advantage.
Uber is an equal opportunity employer and enthusiastically encourages people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to apply. Uber does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, citizenship, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law.