How to drive with Uber in Finland
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people are eligible to drive with Uber. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Helsinki.
Hit the road
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we’ll get you started.
2. Book an information session
The next step is to make an appointment to come to our office in Helsinki. We’ll tell you everything you need to know.
3. Get Taxi Drivers License and Taxi Operating License
If you already have both of these licenses, you’re ready to go. If not, book and appointment and we’ll help you through the licensing process.
4. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- Drivers License
- Taxi Drivers License
- Taxi Operating License
- Business Registration Extract
- Vehicle Registration Extract
- A Driver Profile Photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
To drive with Uber, you must also meet these requirements:
- You must be over 19 years of age
- You have held a valid Category B driving license for at least one year
- Provide a driver profile photo
- You haven't committed any serious traffic violations or other offenses
For a more detailed description of the licensing requirements, please visit Trafi's website.
5. Get a vehicle
Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets our standards in Finland, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
6. Activate your account
If you’ve completed all the above steps, congratulations! You’re ready to activate your account and start making money.
What else do you need?
Get more from Uber
Let’s make every Uber trip hassle-free. Our support pages can help you set up your account, get started with the app, adjust fares, and much more.
Visit at Greenlight Hub
You have questions, we have answers. Greenlight Hub in Helsinki will assist you every working day. If you prefer to send us a message, the driver support is open 24/7.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.