What You’ll Do
- Finding the right balance of managing robust systems and controls, with enabling business goals.
- Lead in the design, supervision and provision of an effective training and awareness programme for Financial Crime, Integrity and Business Ethics
- Responsibility for Money Laundering policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to applicable laws and acting as MLRO for regulated products and services
- Ensuring that Customer Due Diligence is conducted according to industry best practice
- Stay abreast of legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments that might affect Uber’s Payments operation
- Management and execution of the compliance monitoring program; producing reports and making recommendations; and identifying compliance risks associated with the business activities. Follow up on resolution of compliance issues that may arise
- Motivate and lead a team of analysts to put framework design into practice, manage escalations and syndicate compliance across the organisation
What You’ll Need
- +10 years of experience leading a compliance function in a regulated payments entity in Mexico
- Familiarity with the Financial Technology Institutions Law, relevant financial regulations, and other relevant prudential requirements
- Experience leading a compliance function, motivating team members, syndicating and championing the importance of compliance as an enabler of sustainable business growth
- A passion for developing innovative compliance solutions and being a pragmatic partner to internal stakeholders across the organization
- Commitment to acting with integrity, with high personal work standards.
- Fully bilingual: Spanish and English
Bonus Points If
- Past work in the Fintech or startup ecosystem building scaled compliance infrastructure
- Experience with financial regulatory bodies
Applications must be submitted in English.
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.